High FPS, Freezes, Low FPS

TheOriginalGeek 16:46 01 Mar 2018

Okay, this is my first time creating a thread so i'll start with my specs

CPU - Intel i5 4670k GPU - AMD MSI HD7950 PSU - Novatech 600w ATX Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM - 8GB Crucial Ballistix sport

Bare in mind this PC was built 5 years ago and I know it's not the best to begin with, however I know it's capable of more than 10 fps in The Forest. My issues started recently when a sloppy hard drive was weighing my PC down. It was a slow drive so i decided to uninstall it from my PC, after doing so I decided to give my PC a thorough clean out. I dusted my PC completely, added new thermal paste to my CPU and organised my cables. After doing so I loaded up my games and noticed my GPU fan was roaring. I decided to download a GPU tracking software to understand what was happening, I noticed that my games were crashing when my GPU reached roughly 70°C. I decided to take apart my GPU to get rid of all dust on the card and the heat sink, I also added new thermal paste to my GPU. This seemed to make no difference, I fidgeted about with the Radeon settings and core clocks in an attempt to reduce the heat. This also made no difference.

I feel as though i'm at a dead-end but have no money to invest in a new card. HELP!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?