Help..I need advice upgrading my old pc for gaming

Sulfureus 09:56 03 Jan 2017

Hi guys, I'm new to all this so let me start with the spec of my current pc before i begin:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb 45nm Technology

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

5.0 GB RAM DDR3 @ 669 MHz (9-12-12-30)

ASRock M3A785GXH/128M (CPUSocket) Mother Board

1024 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

232GB MAXTOR STM3250310AS ATA SATA HDD

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA DEVICE

PSU - Zoostorm LPA-300C ATX 300W POWER SUPPLY

I bought this rig on ebay from a local seller and its great for general pc usage (internet, e-mail and low spec games so far like half life 2 and south park stick of truth) but struggles to run anything recent like Skyrim or Dirt 3 etc.

I'm not into anything like COD or Battlefield but the kind of games I do play are fall out 4, skyrim, Diablo, World of War Craft, Pay Day, lego games (star wars, jurassic park etc), nothing that requires the top top high end graphics performance but my pc struggles to meet most of these at low-medium spec.

I would some advice from you guys so see what I can do if anything to bring this pc up to a spec that would run those games listed above at a fairly good resolution? I'm under no illusions that its gonna be running top end games anytime soon but need to know if its worth my investing in this pc or building again?

I dont have a set budget as such to upgrade with so any recommendations are welcome but to put a figure out there I would say £250-300 if possible.

Thanks

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)