help finding 144hz monitor (no links just names)

Luca 123 23:57 16 Jul 2018

Hello i've been looking for weeks trying to find a 144hz 1ms monitor with a good picture quality. Whenever i look at reviews it just makes my decisions even harder. Here are the monitors i'm interested in buying. If there are any monitor you would also recommend then that would be great. Thanks for reading. (P.S sorry for 2 posts links don't work for some reason)

Omen by HP 25-24.5 inch Gaming Monitor.

ViewSonic XG2401 .

Acer GN246HLB 24-inch .

ASUS VG248QE 24 inch.

AOC G2460PF 24 inch 144 Hz.

Samsung C24FG70 24.

BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P.

Acer KG271A .

ViewSonic XG2402.

wiganken2 16:48 18 Jul 2018

There are 9 monitors on your list so it seems that you have already done a lot of work and are falling into the trap of becoming bogged-down into too much detail. There is no such thing as a perfect monitor and reviews will always find something that isn't perfect. I suggest you pick the monitor that comes closest to what it is you are after having satisfied yourself that you will be able to live with any shortcoming mentioned in a review. Chances are that you will not even notice what the reviewer was going on about unless you are a perfectionist yourself. Go for it.

Forum Editor 23:41 18 Jul 2018

I agree with wiganken2. Sometimes, the more you look at reviews, the harder it gets to make a decision. Any comments we make will be based on personal preferences, and they may not coincide with yours.

Perhaps it will help if you take a look at this.

wiganken2 16:41 19 Jul 2018

P.S. I should have added that I imagine reviewers are paid for their reviews so, to justify their fee, they need to look hard at the product they are testing. They need to report on everything so some little niggle is bound to be found and commented on because no product is perfect. So take reviewers comments in-context and realise that you may not notice very small negatives that they find because they are the experts.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T to be sold on contract in UK from O2, EE and Vodafone

Adobe takes the limits off Typekit, renames to Adobe Fonts

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?