Graphic card help for ultra perfo

ServiSimon 17:09 20 Oct 2018

Hello

I am looking to buya new graphic card under 800$.

Please help me find the best one for my needs: run games likes cod blackout at ultra min 120 fps

Here are the gcard I found on amazon: 1- 746$ - PNY geforce gtx 1080 8gb xlr8 (boost overclock 1848) - 3 fan

2- 823$ - ASUS geforce gtx 1080 8gb ROG STRIX (boost clock 1835 mhz) - 3 fans

3- 707$ - GTX 1080 GV-N1080G1 GAMING-8GD (mhz not indicated) - 3 fans

Finally do you suggest I updated my processor:

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

MJS WARLORD 15:00 21 Oct 2018

I got a custom built rig when the gtx 1080 first came out , mine is the zotac version. I have all settings on the games I use maxed out and I never even here an increase in fan speeds. I note you put your price limit in dollars , I am in England.

With regards to changing component's you already have I would suggest you email the makers of the card version you intend to buy as they would best tell you if you need to change any of the component's you have.

A FEW TIPS … don't use the nvidea experience part of the software that comes with the driver package as it does what it THINKS you should be doing and not how you might want it set up. To make sure you don't get given the experience part in a driver update , get the update manually and during install untick the experience box. You might also find an experience tab in your start up menu that you need to disable.

Here's an odd one for you , their is an overclocking program on the disc , when I installed it I thought I was installing a free game. I wrote to the makers of the card as I know nothing about overclocking and did not want to risk damaging anything. The individual who replied to me said the 1080 has the ability to overclock itself if pushed hard which begs the question , if that's true why is that program on the disc.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL