Gaming and school pc for teen

sorrelstar 16:14 07 Dec 2015

Hi all, I am looking to buy my son a desktop pc. He has a monitor and keyboard and we bought a refurbished destop 18 months ago from a local store, that turned out to be a waste of money as it didn't work properly after 6 months. He is into gaming so I expect it will be used to play online with his friends, plus he will need Windows on it for school work.

I was thinking of the New Inspiron Small Desktop from Dell at £279 and then found a Gamin pc from CCL Computers with double the memory. The 3 year warranty was attractive but then I read the Trustpilot reviews and now don't want to buy from CCL.

Any advise on the best budget (ideally under £350 with OS) desktop would be welcome.

Thanks

Gordon Freeman 15:21 08 Dec 2015

To get some idea, and put things in perspective, take a look at the Gaming PCs reviewed here on PCA:

click here

Devil Fish 22:49 11 Dec 2015

if you want a reasonable gaming experience £350 for a system is not going to cut the mustard. You can pop £200+ on a decent midrange graphics card on its own.Another £170 for a decent mid range processor. I think you can see were we are going with this.My honest opinion to get what you want with a decent gaming experience you are going to be looking in region of £500 plus for something remotely useful on a gaming prospective

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD