Is this gaming PC worth it?

Dime16 12:57 17 Feb 2019

Hi all

I am finally going to get a new PC after my last one died on me RIP. There is a second hand one for sale near me and I am not sure if it will suit my needs. I am looking to play mainly battle royal games and games like fallout and the elder scrolls. Would this PC be suitable to play in 1080p at high settings and is it worth 500 euro?

AsRock H97M-ITX/ac. Intel i7 4790 - 4 cores 8 threads @ 3.60 Ghz. Thermalright Ahp-200 muscle cpu top down cooler. 8Gb Samsung DDR3. 500W Silverstone 80+ Gold SFF modular psu. 120Gb Samsung 840 Evo SSD - Win 10 Pro 64 bit + Office 2016. 250Gb Hitachi HDD - Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 1 Tb Seagate HDD for Storage or Games. 4 Gb EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC. Thermaltake Core V1 case

KEITH 1955 13:42 17 Feb 2019

ask the guy to show you games running , you would not buy a car without a test drive would you. If you buy it go to add/remove and get rid of anything you don't want as its surprising how much garbage people leave on a pc. The only week point I see is 8gb ram , 16 would be better.

martd7 22:36 17 Feb 2019

Which operating system 7 or 10,your post implies both

Not that it really matters

KEITH 1955 23:01 17 Feb 2019

martd7 , I wondered about that , maybe the seller has it set up as a dual boot system , I can understand why somebody would have "any" windows op sys and say a Linux op sys ( dual boot ) but why 7 and 10 it don't make sense .

DIME16 , you need to ask the seller why 2 Microsoft op sys on 1 pc , if you smell a rat , even if the guy is convincing , walk away.

example a friend of mine saw a pc demonstrated to him "working" he bought it and it was shut down , he then got home minus a lot of cash , when he got home and fired it up a box came up saying you are running an illegal copy of windows ( true ) , end result was blocked from windows security updates plus blocked from all sorts of stuff he could have got if his op sys was genuine , guess what , his student buddy suddenly went ex directory !

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Apple TV+ : date de sortie, prix et catalogue