Frame Drops from 120+ to Low 20s

alexpottle 19:27 25 Apr 2018

Hi All,

Recently, since maybe a week ago I have experienced major frame drops in all games (e.g. Dota 2, Rocket League, GTA V, CS:GO). I could have a smooth 120fps experience on Dota, which would drop down into the low 30s' and 20s' for maybe 15 seconds, at 20 second intervals. I have not changed any hardware, nor have I moved it's location since the start of these frame drops. I have cleared my PC for dust with air and have run anti-malware scans.

My PC specs are as follows:

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM 16 GB (DDR3)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1, 64-bit

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Menzie 23:30 25 Apr 2018

If your drivers updated recently then roll them back. The new drivers might be causing an issue.

alexpottle 17:08 26 Apr 2018

Thanks for the advice Menzie, but the issue still persists.

I have even tried fragmentation my disk in the hope it was a hard drive issue - but still has no effect.

Menzie 19:09 26 Apr 2018

Have you done any temperature monitoring? How are your temps on the CPU and Video Card?

alexpottle 19:45 26 Apr 2018

click here was a sample taken just after closing a game down. I wouldn't say there are any temperature that could be causing any drops, but that's just me!

This

Menzie 22:50 26 Apr 2018

When you rolled back to a previous graphics driver did you completely uninstall the current driver first?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs