First time looking inside the case

Eddy Tunnicliffe 21:47 28 Jan 2018

Hi everyone.

So tonight i finally cracked open my PC case and had a rummage around while trying to put in a digital thermostat (I didn't even put it in the right slot).

So i had a look around and i took some pictures & just wondered if someone could help me with seeing whats what.

I can see my HDD's, disk drive, fan, & motherboard, but i have no idea what anything else is. I'll try post some pictures following this.

Thanks in advance :)

Eddy Tunnicliffe 21:51 28 Jan 2018

Hi everyone.

So tonight i finally cracked open my PC case and had a rummage around while trying to put in a digital thermostat (I didn't even put it in the right slot).

So i had a look around and i took some pictures & just wondered if someone could help me with seeing whats what.

I can see my HDD's, disk drive, fan, & motherboard, but i have no idea what anything else is. I'll try post some pictures following this.

Thanks in advance :)

edit: here are the images of my PC:

click here

href

Eddy Tunnicliffe 21:58 28 Jan 2018

Link to images here:

click here

hreftopleft.png bottomleft.png middleright.png

MJS WARLORD 10:10 29 Jan 2018

i would not use a digital thermometer it could make you panic into thinking you are running too hot , i dont look at windows reliability monitor because it holds to much information and can convince you that you have a problem when you dont have one.... open your case and with power off use a cold can of air called an air duster to blow of any dust .... dont turn the can sideways or the propellant will squirt out , also do it in short bursts because the can will suddenly become very cold and burn your fingers .... unless you have problems like a sudden increase in fan speed or hard drive activity just use your pc and enjoy it.

unexplained shutdowns or blue screen are the first signs you have a problem.

Old Deuteronomy 16:17 29 Jan 2018

Be much, much more careful and make sure you know what you are doing before attempting to fit new hardware. Inserting things into the wrong slot can be a quick route to ruined hardware.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?