First time looking inside the case

Eddy Tunnicliffe 21:47 28 Jan 2018

Hi everyone.

So tonight i finally cracked open my PC case and had a rummage around while trying to put in a digital thermostat (I didn't even put it in the right slot).

So i had a look around and i took some pictures & just wondered if someone could help me with seeing whats what.

I can see my HDD's, disk drive, fan, & motherboard, but i have no idea what anything else is. I'll try post some pictures following this.

Thanks in advance :)

Eddy Tunnicliffe 21:51 28 Jan 2018

Hi everyone.

So tonight i finally cracked open my PC case and had a rummage around while trying to put in a digital thermostat (I didn't even put it in the right slot).

So i had a look around and i took some pictures & just wondered if someone could help me with seeing whats what.

I can see my HDD's, disk drive, fan, & motherboard, but i have no idea what anything else is. I'll try post some pictures following this.

Thanks in advance :)

edit: here are the images of my PC:

click here

href

Eddy Tunnicliffe 21:58 28 Jan 2018

Link to images here:

click here

hreftopleft.png bottomleft.png middleright.png

MJS WARLORD 10:10 29 Jan 2018

i would not use a digital thermometer it could make you panic into thinking you are running too hot , i dont look at windows reliability monitor because it holds to much information and can convince you that you have a problem when you dont have one.... open your case and with power off use a cold can of air called an air duster to blow of any dust .... dont turn the can sideways or the propellant will squirt out , also do it in short bursts because the can will suddenly become very cold and burn your fingers .... unless you have problems like a sudden increase in fan speed or hard drive activity just use your pc and enjoy it.

unexplained shutdowns or blue screen are the first signs you have a problem.

Old Deuteronomy 16:17 29 Jan 2018

Be much, much more careful and make sure you know what you are doing before attempting to fit new hardware. Inserting things into the wrong slot can be a quick route to ruined hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)