Hot Topics

Do I have to have a HDD and an SSD

Hamzabeast123 09:19 25 Jun 2020

Hi I have recently bought parts to build a gaming pc. And I bought an SSD instead of a HDD. Was I wrong to do that or should I buy a HDD as well. Could you please reply ASAP. Thanks.

rickf 09:32 25 Jun 2020

SSD is better.

wee eddie 09:40 25 Jun 2020

It depends a little on the size of your SSD. A goodly number of us now use a 128GB or 256GB SSD as a "C" Drive for Windows & Software, and a 7200rpm HDD as a "D" Drive for Files and general storage.

a 128GB SSD is fine for most simple uses but, if you plan to have several games on it, then 256GB would be better

john bunyan 09:58 25 Jun 2020

I agree with wee eddie. A 256 Gb SSD for OS and Programmes plus a HDD ( 1 or 2 Tb) for data that you generate.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €