Connecting a laptop to a TV

TonyTT 18:43 02 Nov 2018

Hi

I was looking at buying a gaming laptop for my kids. Is it possibe to connect a high end gaming laptop with an HDMI lead to a Smart TV so they can play together on a bigger screen? Is there a loss in the quality of the graphics etc.

Also, can I get some console control pads for them to use on the laptop instead of the keyboard and mouse? Is there a time lag or anything?

Any help much appreciated.

Sealand1 08:56 03 Nov 2018

Yes you can connect them to a TV . I've personally never noticed a drop in quality when I've done it. I don't think there is one. as for connecting a control pad you are able to but you may need to download a driver

oftmarshall678 17:03 04 Nov 2018

Yes, laptops can be easily connected to a TV as a secondary monitor. But it depends on your TV model (and laptop specs too) whether the quality of gaming with be okay.

As far as I know, consoles and control pads are allowed for more advanced smart TV models.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL