Computer wouldn't turn on for a while

eduniga 16:25 14 Feb 2019

Since 2 days ago, I was trying to overclock my gpu with MSI afterburner, I only changed the Clock to 150+ MHz, and the memory clock to 600+ MHz, didn't change the voltage core and left the power limit to the max. I performed a stress test for half and hour, later I started playing Apex Legends and things went smoothly. The next day I played Apex Legends again, had the game crash once, but still played a couple of matches. I stopped playing, later I was surfing around the web when suddenly I get BSOD with a message saying: Faulty Component Corrupted Page. The PC restarted, and as soon as it boot up to the windows desktop, the screen quickly faded to black. I tried to turn on the computer and suddenly nothing happened when I pressed the power button. I kept pressing it, nothing happened. After 20 minutes I pressed the power button and it boot up windows normally. My question is, was this caused by the overclock? I guess the obvious answer is yes but from what I've read, you should expect crashes/bsod and artifacts by overclocking the GPU, but I haven't read that you could have problems turning on your PC. Is this normal behavior for overclocking? As you can tell I'm new to this overclocking thing.

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 with hyper evo 212x cooler RAM: 1 stick 8GB PNY RDD3 GPU: GTX 1050 ti MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P PSU:Corsair 750 Watt

eduniga 19:03 14 Feb 2019

Alright thanks for the tip. Might try it sometime. But I'm probably too scared to try overclocking again after that incident XD.

Jollyjohn 22:16 16 Feb 2019

Overheating? Try click here Speedfan to check temperatures

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)