Complete build-I think I'm close, can you help me?

Originalandawesome 00:33 18 May 2019

Hi guys,

I've read up on a lot of stuff last couple of weeks, but I admit I'm definitly not a pro. Good job or brutally honest, give me your best shot! Can you help me out?

click here a few thoughts behind the setup:

• I based this around the ryzen CPU and the Samsung monitor (144 hz / 2k);
  • I picked the 2600 with after market cooler (together 160 bucks) over the 2600x with stock cooler (190 bucks) because of the price difference. I think I can (learn to) overclock to 2600x speeds;
  • Motherboard is nothing fancy, but still has overclocking features while being moderatly priced;
  • Ram is very expensive for my taste, but everywhere I go I keep reading you NEED 3200 mhz / 14 cas timings -> what's your verdict?;
  • SSD is not the best, but it's cheap, faster than a sata ssd and probably won't cause a bottleneck;
  • The video card is powerful, quiet, cool and power efficient, but most of all cheap. I got a good deal;
  • The tower is nothing special, just a mid range tower with mid range noise and thermals. I think it will do the job fine;
  • The keyboard and mouse I chose since I do like the RGB (my MoBo and graphic card also happen have RGB, why not make it a party?), but they still seem a bit down to earth -> not to flashy.

I'm not a FPS player (love Anno though!), I love the Samsung monitor and I'm currently thinking of stepping in to machine learning. Hence the RTX 2060.

Love to hear what you think! Cheers!

Just

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Imminent Moto Razr reboot rumoured to be pricy mid-ranger

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Test : la montre connectée Fossil Sport avec puce Snapdragon Wear 3100 à moins de 250 €