Compatible CPU, Compatible GPU,

applebottoms 20:29 30 Jun 2019

Hello,

Recently I got caught up with gaming and would like to upgrade my pc. I've had several looks on the inside and saw there was no GPU whatsoever. After quite some time of digging, I decided which one I wanted to get: AMD Radeon RX 580 (8gb). I heard it's quite a combo with an Intel i7-6700. As I am not an expert in pcs, I was wondering if it indeed is a good graphics card and if it will work properly.

Also, I've had a look at my motherboard and saw there was a narrow space right underneath the GPU. I'd like to know if any graphics card will fit.

Thank you in advance.

click here

href

wee eddie 10:01 01 Jul 2019

You are in complex and potentially expensive territory with this.

How old is the PC, what Make and Model is it and the same details for the MOBO.

Old Deuteronomy 10:20 01 Jul 2019

The slot marked PCIEx16 is indeed intended to accommodate a graphics card but, you need to do some research first.

Check that your power supply can supply enough power and has the necessary outlets or, that you can fit a better one if needed. Check that your case has enough room for your chosen graphics card. Check on the motherboard manufacturer's website, in the CPU support list, to make sure your chosen CPU is compatible and. if it isn't see what is. Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

George Wylesol's new book is a demonic take on 90s internet

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Test : l'Amazon Echo 3, un design et des performances audio perfectionnés