Chosen right right gaming pc

Pwith91 21:31 05 Oct 2019

I looking to buy my first gaming pc need help to find best value for money I'm looking to play rust and dayz budget of 500 would this be fine Unique Glossy-Finish HD Armour Vega graphics built-in! Remote Control RGB Lighting AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad-Core 3.5GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) Processor ASUS PRIME A320M-E ATX Motherboard 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 Memory 1TB Seagate Firecuda Solid State Hybrid Drive (Up to 5x Faster) Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit FREE - BullGuard Internet Security 3 Year Protect Warranty

grumpy old man 22:43 05 Oct 2019

SORRY for the long posting but you do need to read it all.

I am not making fun of you but I am curious as to how you come up with this list of parts AND get windows 10 free ?

If a so called pal or a small shop wants to build it for you at only 500 ( I take it that's £ ) and give you a FREE windows 10 package my advice would be to walk away. The reason I say this is because a not very tech pal who was a student got talked into a deal that was too good to be true but sadly he fell for it. He brought his pc round to me because he knows I am geeky. The upshot was every time he turned the pc on he got a message " you appear to have an illegal copy of windows" , the end result was he was able to use the pc after deleting the message and use his music writing software BUT nothing else.

Another indication that something was not right was it was supposed to have an ssd drive but the pc was very noisy , note , ssd make no noise. belarc advisor software scanned and confirmed it did not have an ssd.

I then had to tell his parents sorry but your son has been ripped off.

I often wonder if a racket was going on at the university because not long after his laptop was stolen a guy "just happen" to be selling students pc's at very special prices and guess what when **it hit the fan they vanished.

Ok so that's the warnings so now the sensible bit , if you are unfamiliar with pricings their is no way you will get a pc capable of even playing low spec games for only 500.

My final advice would be , you know what games you want to play so google the games for require spec to run them .

FOOTNOTE . for legal reason if a "company/small business" is offering to do everything for 500 DO NOT name them here just say yes or no to my question.

x13 14:07 06 Oct 2019

grumpy old man I'm sure it's FREE - BullGuard Internet Security not Windows 10.

Pwith91 Can you give a link to the PC? A Ryzen 5 would be better with a dedicated GPU card possibly. Better getting a proper SSD rather than a hybrid as they are a reasonable price today and a spinner to install the games on. Just my thoughts though.

grumpy old man 14:29 06 Oct 2019

X13 your right i made a mistake , my wife went to hospital on blue lightscand i was drunk when i posted , i MUST have been drunk cos i rant at people who post an answer as big as mine.

"Stands in front of mirror and slaps self in face".

x13 14:34 06 Oct 2019

"Stands in front of mirror and slaps self in face".

8-))

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)