Building my first gaming pc

Reece Luckett 22:37 04 Apr 2019

I am looking to build my first gaming pc but I need help I have done some research and came up with a list of components, I just want to know what people think, if there's a cheaper option that will work just as good please let me know Thanks in advance Here's the list. CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G RAM: Patriot Viper Elite 8GB DDR4-2400MHZ GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB Hard Drive: Seagate Firecuda 1TB 3.5 inch internal SSHD PSU: Corsair RM850X Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z390-1 gaming Case: Masterbox Q300L Micro-ATX

Forum Editor 23:21 04 Apr 2019

There are people in our forum who will offer help and advice. I freely admit that I am no expert when it comes to gaming machines, but I'm sure that someone will come up with an opinion.

Menzie 00:59 05 Apr 2019

Your motherboard is an Intel one and therefore wouldn't work with an AMD processor.

For that CPU you need an AM4 Socket board. They usually have B450 or B350 in the title depending on the chipset.

Old Deuteronomy 16:05 05 Apr 2019

Your motherboard is an Intel one and therefore wouldn't work with an AMD processor. For that CPU you need an AM4 Socket board. They usually have B450 or B350 in the title depending on the chipset.

I addition to that you have chosen a micro-ATX case and a full size ATX motherboard which will not fit. You need to be much more thorough when researching and choosing parts or, better still, buy ready made and leave self-building until you have more knowledge behind you.

Reece Luckett 14:56 06 Apr 2019

If I buy a pre built one will I get one that's gonna be good enough for around £400 I preferably want something that can play resident evil 2 will that be possible? Also can I buy prebuilt with the option to upgrade parts in the future?

Menzie 17:11 06 Apr 2019

The minimum requirements for Resident Evil 2 are as follows:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 or AMD FX™-6300 or better

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM

DirectX: Version 11

Storage: 26 GB available space

Bear in mind this is the minimum which would mean running the game at 720p with pretty much all the settings turned down.

The build you had initially wouldn't have coped. The video card would be okay but the CPU may not be up to the requirements.

You'll need a PC that is more than your budget to run such a title well.

Something like this would be good but you would have to raise your budget. Other factors not in the original post is operating system, keyboard, gamepad, mouse and display (if not connecting to a TV).

Menzie 17:15 06 Apr 2019

I posted to the main Gaming PC page instead of the actual model.

This is the actual model which starts at £599 before customising.

Devil Fish 23:06 21 Apr 2019

To be honest for what you want you are looking £800 minimum as previous posts have stated some of your components are incompatible and you don't appear to have factored in O/S keyboard mouse display

mid range offering but would still need a display keyboard and mouse click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)