Beginner Help With Custom PC Build!

Sintrixx_95 14:50 27 Aug 2019

Hey All, been looking into starting PC gaming for a while now and found this being promoted by Novatech (They're a well known PC Company where I live). click here their new release of gaming PC's that are fully customizable and I am currently looking at investing into their Viper PC which is their entry level. What do you all think of the spec on this PC? Is their anything i should look at upgrading?

Would really appreciate any of your help!!

It's

john bunyan 15:34 27 Aug 2019

Not a gamer so wait for comments on spec. Like you I live near Novatech and bought a quite powerful desktop a couple of years ago. Excellent service and helpful.

Menzie 17:07 27 Aug 2019

Almost £2000 and you only get a 2070?! That's way too much money.

If you're spending the kind of money that PC goes for, don't settle for anything less than a 2080 video card. A 2080 Super would be better if possible.

Menzie 17:24 27 Aug 2019

I looked at the rest of the build, it is one of the more expensive Intel chips on the market as well as a big SSD (so overall the price isn't bad). The i9 is a good chip, everything else looks pretty solid. If you can stretch for the 2080 super it'll push the price up to around £2,100.

You'll get more time cranking everything to the max with such a card as well as running the upcoming Ray-Tracing stuff well.

The 2070 itself is a good card, overall the resolution you'll be gaming at would also determine which card is best.

Contact Novatech, they are quite helpful. I have several friends who have bought their machines in the past.

Sintrixx_95 13:55 30 Aug 2019

Thanks Everyone for your help, will go into their warehouse to speak and purchase as you have both mentioned the quality of their customer service.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

George Wylesol's new book is a demonic take on 90s internet

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Test : l'Amazon Echo 3, un design et des performances audio perfectionnés