Wot's the LG 43UM7600PLB 43" TV like?

Sneeze1 10:43 16 Sep 2019

Hi I hope this is the right forum? I'm saving up for a new TV and i would like to know what this model is like?

I have looked at Currys PC world and they are selling it at £499, they also charge £45 delivery and set up.

I've also looked at Richer Sounds who charge £419 for a LG 43UM7500PLA but have now been told they won't set it up for me.

So I am now looking at John Lewis to see what they got as they do a 5yr warrenty. With Currys/PC World I would have to pay £2 a month to know how with Currys PC World.

can you tell me where i would get the better deal please? PC World, or John Lewis?

Sorry to ask. And also if LG are very good? I did consider the Sony Bravia as my parents have one, but apparently LG make the same 4K screens for Sony?

john bunyan 11:09 16 Sep 2019

I don’t know that model ,but have an older LG downstairs and a newer Samsung upstairs. Look at what “catch up” services such as iPlayer, more 4 etc. I found Samsung had a greater variety. Of the retailers J Lewis seems the most reliable on warranty but double check if you have to register etc to trigger longer warranty. I would not pay for set up if you have a good aerial etc; it is straightforward to DIY

Others may live further advice

bremner 17:39 17 Sep 2019

What is there to set up?

Plug it in and follow the on screen instructions

Brian Hamilton 23:33 17 Sep 2019

I have looked at Currys PC world and they are selling it at £499, they also charge £45 delivery and set up. I've also looked at Richer Sounds who charge £419 for a LG 43UM7500PLA but have now been told they won't set it up for me.

Your prices are way off. Better head to the AVForums. You won't get much help here.

wee eddie 09:05 18 Sep 2019

I have no idea about the TV itself but, £45.00 for any Tradesman to visit is about par for the course.

Plumbers, Washing Machine Repair bods, even Gardeners. The callout fee is about that

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Hell or Habito? Why a mortgage startup branded itself through some sick animation

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleurs écrans pour PC (2019)