Wifi Signal Booster to Log Cabin

WayneMc 19:53 12 Jun 2019

Hi, installed log cabin and need to get best Wifi signal booster to it from house. Its an old house, solid walls, router its at front of home and signal needs to get through walls, extension and about 10 metres to cabin. Cabin has power to it but no internet cable. Will be using smart tv, gaming, laptop in cabin. Any suggestions on best kit to use to extend signal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

john bunyan 20:11 12 Jun 2019

If cabin has electric supplies from house switchboard a pair of home plugs would be ok. At the cabin end you could add a multi lan socket

Example

home plugs

john bunyan 20:13 12 Jun 2019

Example of multi lan socket

LAN socket

john bunyan 20:16 12 Jun 2019

The above was for a LAN to which you could wire the items you mentioned. A similar system can be used to extend wi fi

john bunyan 20:23 12 Jun 2019

An example of wi fi home plugs

wi fi

You plug base unit into router lan and a nearby mains socket and the other into a main socket in the cabin. There are dual wi fi and lan extenders. One with a pass through plug - ie it has a 13 amp socket in it means you don’t take up a mains socket if you’re shoe of them

WayneMc 15:05 15 Jun 2019

Many thanks John, much appreciated, will look in to these further

john bunyan 16:47 15 Jun 2019

I have a similar house and although expensive I went for Devolo Magic 2 . How far is cabin from nearest house mains socket? It may be that a Devolo or similar ( wired through mains) would reach it but ideally one in the cabin would be better.

Devolo Magic 2

Do let us know what you decide. I thought about such a cabin but am a bit concerned with leaving TV, PC in it on view ....

john bunyan 16:52 15 Jun 2019

Wrong link : I meant the combination wi fi and LAN version of Devolo Magic 2 wi fi

wi fi version

Vironzer 16:11 21 Jun 2019

I've stumled upon the same problem recently - bad WiFi coverage. I found some boosters for WiFi on myamplifiers.com

Tom Flister 09:16 12 Jul 2019

It depends directly on what particular connection you would like to make, wire or wireless? It can be something like the mikrotik hap, you can check the list here or via a wireless router. Anyway, you better consult to an expert who is responsible for such connection questions.

john bunyan 15:51 05 Aug 2019

JamesTh

Your only posts have said “call the company (which one?) “and on another thread “ look at Google “ . Welcome as new members are, a more useful answer would be appreciated.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)