WIFI Dropping out on Android devices

OscarOtter 13:10 05 Nov 2019

Hi, we have recently been having problems with our phones and tablets when connected to the home internet. Partway through streaming one will randomly lose connection to the internet and although it can see the network fine, the affected device will report "no internet". When this happens, our other devices work fine and report good connection speed. Router resets, device resets etc. do not help, the affected device still cannot connect. I have tried clearing caches, and changing DNS settings too to no avail. If the affected device is switched off for a couple of hours, it will then connect again. A change of filter also sometimes helps, but I seem to be doing that every couple of weeks. I'm stumped.... please help! The only other pointer is that a router reset means that the Chromecast needs resetting in order to be found.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique