What tablet to buy on a budget

LC82 08:57 25 Sep 2017

Hi all, My head is wrecked trying to choose a tablet. I don't need anything too hi tech as it will be used mostly to watch movies and browse the internet. The main reason for purchasing is to get through the 20 hour flight to Perth, so I can catch up on box sets and read some books. My budget is between €200-€250. Can anyone help with advice, I don't mind importing the device. Many thanks.

wee eddie 20:10 25 Sep 2017

I cannot help with a recommendation but finding a Tablet with sufficient Storage to carry 20 hours of Entertainment and sufficient battery power to allow viewing for the 20 hours is going to be difficult

I am Spartacus 20:58 25 Sep 2017

If I was getting a new Tablet it'd probably the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" 16GB Wi-Fi Tablet. It has a MicroSD Slot so you should easily be able to get a card that'll store 20 hours (I have around 50-60 hours worth on my 128GB card with loads of space left). It also has a decent screen resolution of 1920x1200 so should be good for text as well as movies.

Add a Power Bank (I use this iMuto 20,000mAh and recommend it although it is heavy) which should give a couple of charges.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?