What else can I fix? I don't know

MaisieGrant 21:29 12 Mar 2018

I have a question about the work of Adobe Illustrator 21.1.0. Recently, my house had a power failure, and my computer shut down at one point when Illustrator was launched. And now I can not open the file ai because of - Can not open the illustration. The illustration contains an incomplete or garbled object description. Attempts to do the same on another PC, did not give positive results. What can be done with this?

wee eddie 22:00 12 Mar 2018

bin it, it has been corrupted, almost certainly beyond redemption

Forum Editor 22:40 12 Mar 2018

wee eddie is right - the file was corrupted when the power suddenly failed.

alanrwood 13:38 13 Mar 2018

To avoid that risk always work on a copy of the file then if it goes corrupt you still have the original. Do you have a backup anywhere?

mole44 17:29 13 Mar 2018

I use a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply)i never but never power ts's/computers direct from the mains,as you've found out it can corrupt things.My UPS will power my computer for 20 minutes and if i'm away it will do an automatic power down.

WilliamWebb 18:25 24 Mar 2018

Place the damaged Illustrator file in recover Illustrator online. Important: This solution doesn't work if you didn't select Create Compatible PDF File in the Illustrator Native Format Options dialog box when you saved the original file. On the Macintosh platform, the damaged Illustrator file may appear dimmed in the Place dialog box, but you will still be able to select it and place it in the new Illustrator file.

1. In Illustrator, choose File > New.
  2. Select the appropriate size and color mode, and then click OK.
  3. Choose File > Place.
  4. In the Place dialog box, choose All Formats from the Files of Type pop-up menu (Windows) or choose All Documents from the Show pop-up menu (Mac OS), choose the damaged file, and then click Place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)