Hot Topics

what do you recommend for a DUNCE!!

laptopdunce 15:39 30 Aug 2016

I have two mobile phones, sony W810i walkman phones, I am thinking of getting a smart phone, am a total dunce with phones, and computers!! only use them for phone calls really but on my UK orange prepay card I have about £90 credit on it and I get free gb and text allowances when i top up, my Dutch T mobile prepay I hardly ever use, only for family emergencies by phone. aldi currently has a Mcirosoft Lumia 540 dual sim card (simlockvrij) I am tempted, what would the experts recommend?? thanks Laptopdunce

wee eddie 16:27 30 Aug 2016

If what you have does the job, why waste money. No one is going to be impressed

laptopdunce 16:44 30 Aug 2016

well, it would be handy to have a phone that has internet access when at airports etc., as I travel alot, my latest denver tablet is a DISASTER!!! rotten battery life!! and difficult to always travel with a large tablet, hence thought a dual sim card smart phone would be handy, I will NO WAY take a contract phone - EVER!! - but as I get a good gb bundle that I now never use with my UK phone a smart phone I could use "easily" would be handy - plus the fact that all the airlines are now promting me to always check in with a phone, so in the future I think it will be impossible without a smart phone, but I am worried about battery life and it being too complicated for a dunce like me. Laptopdunce

laptopdunce 20:54 01 Sep 2016

what about this phone?? it is currently on sale in Aldi UK and has a dual sim card and is simlockvrij, I only want to use it for (free) wifi at airports and maybe some of my UK Orange bundle prepay with gb allowance - only for a few days of the month am I in the UK, this seems to be a good buy but would like to hear what the experts think - I am not downloading film, playing games (maybe solo/patience card game now and again) only looking at ebay/flight sites/doing emails. thanks Laptopdunce MEDION® LIFE® E5005 Smartphone

laptopdunce 20:55 01 Sep 2016

this is the link to Aldi (will I need to order a small micro SD card from Orange from my old sonly W810i phone which takes the larger size one? Latpopdunce

laptopdunce 20:56 01 Sep 2016

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

Japanese fashion illustration makes for one dreamy catwalk

Tim Cook will face antitrust committee on 27 July

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?