Weak signal on Sony Bravia TV

ponytail 13:02 09 Jul 2019
Answered

Not having much luck with my TVs have just turned on our main TV which is a Sony Bravia model number kdl-42w653a.I just tuned into ITV on channel 3 and the picture keeps breaking up same with channel 4 so went into digital search and it only found 145 channels when there is normally about 175.I also get the message poor signal quality on the few programs I can watch so I went into settings,product support,system information but it says unable to retrieve a service code and this message appears for every channel.It was working fine this morning when I watched the news.Our other three TV's are fine as are our two Humax Boxes and the youview box.Any advice appreciated.

john bunyan 14:35 09 Jul 2019

Check all aerial connections from mast all the way to tv. Sometimes the co axial cable gets loose. If any joins outside, double check no water in them

john bunyan 14:37 09 Jul 2019

PS is the same aerial servicing both TV’s? If so is Sony the first or last on the daisy chain?

wee eddie 14:41 09 Jul 2019

Water in the Co-ax could be the problem

ponytail 15:04 09 Jul 2019
Answer

This problem has been sorted now as I got in touch with Digital UK who I spoke to last year and kept their number.The man I spoke to was very helpful and when I gave him the numbers of the six channels I get from my transmitter he said three had been changed.So we went through them and changed the three that needed changing and everything is fine now so glad I kept their number.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)