Two missing components on "sky map" app

wotsitallabout 16:41 12 Oct 2019

Hello All I have downloaded skymap and Skeye astronomy apps, neither work on my new Samsung A10 phone. Skymap tells me that a built in compass and accelerometer are needed and one is missing. What do I do please? Regards

wee eddie 17:43 12 Oct 2019

Just read a Review of the Samsung A10. It does not have a compass built in

wotsitallabout 11:15 14 Oct 2019

Hello Eddie Thanks for replying.

I have read as you suggested. Unfortunately,I downloaded a compass and a magnetic sensor, but no joy,I need some education, canyou help.

Best

Alan

wee eddie 16:09 14 Oct 2019

You've done what I would have done but, I guess, if it says Built In, it means 'built in' not an added App.

wotsitallabout 08:21 22 Oct 2019

Yes I think I understand, it means that the Samsung A10 will not do astronomy apps Am I right? Thank for help by the way.

Alan

wee eddie 09:24 22 Oct 2019

No, you're not right or, for that matter, wrong.

The Astronomy Apps that you chose, needed a "Built in" Compass and Accelerometer. There may be Apps that don't make this requirement

wotsitallabout 10:14 31 Oct 2019

Thanks Eddie I will give that a try.

Regards

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Les bons plans TV (2019)