Sony Vaio laptop green light flashing

Ccar.com 03:41 03 Jan 2018

Hi all

I recently cleaned my laptop fan and when I tried to turn it on the green light on the on switch keep flashing every 3 or 4 seconds. When I charge my laptop, the orange light is fine.

Someone please help me ASAP! I need my laptop for schooling.

Thank you in advance :)

wee eddie 06:28 03 Jan 2018

Have you tried checking the manual?

How did you clean the fan?

Can you see if the Fan is turning?

Have you tried? Taking the battery out > Turning it On > Turning it Off > Replacing the Battery > Turning it on again.

Ccar.com 08:00 03 Jan 2018

What do you mean by checking the manual? Sorry I dont really know much about technology.. I cleaned the fan by unscrewing it from it's place and getting rid of the dust with a small brush with soft bristles. I chrcked the fan and it's not working... what could be the problem? I tried that method but it didn't work.

Thank you for replying !!

Forum Editor 10:00 03 Jan 2018

"what could be the problem?"

The problem could be that you have incorrectly refitted the fan after cleaning it.

Ccar.com 15:26 03 Jan 2018

Thank you so much! It works now :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61