sony camera not compatible with vista

MEDMAN111 02:28 23 Apr 2007

the mavica fd88 uses floppy for storage, no usb or media card. the arcsoft software does not offer a patch and sony is of no help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks .. kevin

jack 08:51 23 Apr 2007

USB external Floppy drives are available- Google around for those, but that would seem a tad costly to buy as a one off job.
Alternatively if you have a chum with computer with a Floppy drive and the time to upload them and burn to CD/DVDs-or for you to supply him with a 'pen' drive- this could be the way

Kate B 10:17 23 Apr 2007

Or time to buy a new camera? I can understand the attachment to the old one but those cameras produce very poor-quality images compared to even the cheapest digital cameras today.

MEDMAN111 02:39 24 Apr 2007

yes i agree, we have a new camera however i have 10 years of photos i need to access and send. we will try to transfer to disc Thanks all, kevin

jack 08:26 24 Apr 2007

If this means finding someone with a pre Vista machine and floppy drive and your experiencing difficulty in this direction
May I suggest you try one of the supermarkets/chemists/photo stores that have in-store
processing via one of those counter top machines that accommodate all sorts of medi.,
Here you can simply insert your floppies and get them burned to CD.

Kate B 09:47 24 Apr 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)