SD card in Sony Photoframe.

john bunyan 18:39 31 Dec 2008

When I load a SD card from camera in new Sony Photo frame, no probs. If I load a SD card with 72dpi .jpgs from my PC a ? sign appears, and the manual says it is because the images came from a PC. This appears to be something to do with DCF format, but how to solve this? I like to collate pix on the PC, reduce resolution to 72dpi then burn a Photoframe file to a 1 gig Sd card.Any thoughts?

john bunyan 17:30 01 Jan 2009

Anyone there?

john bunyan 10:36 02 Jan 2009

Charence. Model DPF-D70. I have the manual, and it merely says, in the Trouble shooting on page 37, that if a ? mark appears, the "image may not be supported by the photo frame because, for example, it is a JPEG file that was created with your computer... ". I hope there is a solution as I want to collate images on to one file on the PC, and reduce the resolution to 72 dpi before copying the file to a 1 gig SD card for the photo frame. I think that DCF format is a key to this but am not sure how to apply it via a PC with JPEG images.

john bunyan 18:06 03 Jan 2009

Stii does not work - I wonder how to create thumbnails from the PC? (Have Photoshop CS4)Anyone know about DCF?

john bunyan 09:40 04 Jan 2009

When one gets photos from a camera or gets phots burnt to a CD at ASDA, a thumbs file is created. How can one create this on a PC? - I think this is the key, and it has to do with EXIF files. I will phone Sony support on Monday.

john bunyan 10:26 05 Jan 2009

Kevscar. Thanks for that. In the meantime, a workround may be to connect the picture frame to the PC via USB and download direct from a folder there, then re-export to store extra pix on a blank SD card. The problem only seems to be trying to move photos from the PC via a SD card. I will mark this as resolved.

john bunyan 17:49 05 Jan 2009

A final comment. Spoke to Sony who were not very helpful, asying that they did not guarantee modified .jpg files via a PC would work on their photoframes. After much fiddling about and looking at blogs, I found if I saved the .jpg in the baseline standard mode, I could load images from the PC, but not via a SD card. Progressive mode .jpgs do not work

john bunyan 09:23 07 Jan 2009

Kevscar. Thanks. I have found that if you save jpg's NOT in progressive mode, they do transfer to the frame via the PC. Not mentioned in Sony's manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)