Hot Topics

Scam warning Giff Gaff SIM card

john bunyan 20:26 09 Feb 2020
Answered

My wife and I have iPhones using Giff Gaff as sim supplier. Today my wife had a mobile phone message that said words to the effect that “ The new SIM card you ordered is ready for activation” If you haven’t ordered on log in - then it gave a http web address that looked exactly like Giff Gaffs log in screen. At that point we smelt a rat. I tried phoning the mobile no on a ex directory phone - it was an e mobile one with an answering machine.

I contacted her Giff gaff account via PC , and changed her log on password on the genuine site then deleted the offending message.

This scam is on Google but very realistic

alanrwood 10:09 10 Feb 2020

If you are on Giffgaff pay as you go you might well want to review it as they are increasing their PAYG prices by 66-100% later this month.

john bunyan 17:44 10 Feb 2020
Answer

Alanrwood

No, I’m on rolling monthly at £10 a month with unlimited calls and texts with 6gig data. Wife on £8 a month rolling with unlimited calls and texts - just increased free from 500 minutes calls , lower data than me.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to start your spring clean

D'oh! Simpsons infographic shows how bad the show's become

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Amazon Prime Day 2020