Right Angled Fig8 Mains cable?

  claireb2 14:56 25 Aug 2010

Hi All

Hopefully someone can help me with my problem

I want to fit my new flatsreen onto a wall but the mains connection is a standard fig8 cable. This means the TV will not sit properly at the angle I need for the best viewing position. Does any one know where I can get a right angled fig8 cable from? Thanks.

  wiz-king 15:13 25 Aug 2010

Not sure what a fig8 lead is but my tv uses click here

  onthelimit 16:45 25 Aug 2010

Think those are known as 'kettle plugs'.

  BT 16:51 25 Aug 2010

This is a Figure-8 cable

click here

can't say I've ever come across a rightangled one
Thee correct name is IEC C7

  morddwyd 20:53 25 Aug 2010

Try CPC or Maplin.

  Confab 21:54 25 Aug 2010
  Confab 21:58 25 Aug 2010

Or this one which is arted up to 10A

click here

  Confab 21:59 25 Aug 2010

arted = rated

  claireb2 10:35 26 Aug 2010

Thanks Confab

The Yung-Li ones are exactly what I need.
I put YL-13L into Google and got this

click here

I phoned them and they say they only deal with businesses but for this cable, and the down angle, they will sell me one as their distributors don't want to hold a European cable in the UK.

Thanks again.

  Confab 12:14 26 Aug 2010

Thats good news.

I've had a quick look at the drawings and it says 2.5A. Just make sure that this is a high enough rating for your flatscreen otherwise you'll risk the cable catching fire!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)