Require wireless speaker to connect toTV

matthewormerod 10:13 15 Nov 2018

Hi All. I've recently purchased a new tv for my father. He is hard of hearing so requires a speaker he can connect to the tv and place by his side next to the couch. Looking for an inexpensive wireless one, easy to work, he doesnt want a surround sound system. Preferably a speaker that can be plugged into the mains and charge at same time.
Any advice or recommendations???

Thanks

Matty

Forum Editor 10:16 15 Nov 2018

Moved to Digital Home and Smartphones Help from Speakers Corner.

AroundAgain 00:28 16 Nov 2018

Have you thought of wireless headphones?

My father was very deaf and when I got him some wireless headphones, he was able to listen to either TV or Radio with much better clarity, and without everyone else to put up with loud volume etc.

I think wireless headphones are mostly bluetooth connection so you would need to check out what the TV requirements are.

wee eddie 00:52 16 Nov 2018

Bare in mind that, anything you plug into a TV will cut the other Audio outlets

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 18 Nov 2018

I started a similar thread a couple of weeks ago - you need to check exactly what outputs the TV has (make and model?).

I was looking at bluetooth because my new TV had bluetoot and I wanted to lessen the number of cables. Some TVs allow both bluetooth and TV speaker out at the same time allow anyone to use the TV and the person using the headphones at the same time.

Had trouble when testing to get bluetooth to find my speaker solved the problem as I have a Google Home next to where I sit. The GH can pair to the TV and I did a mod on it to add an earphone socket ;0)

AroundAgain 20:19 18 Nov 2018

Another approach ...

If your father has hearing aids with 'T' switch, perhaps a Loop system around the room would solve his issue, also allowing others to hear the TV too.

Something like this might be useful - Domestic/Home Induction Loops

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable