Recommendations for Powerline/Homeplug etc please

Ian in Northampton 20:42 02 Jun 2015

My daughter is planning to install Powerline/Homeplug as the wifi range from our router doesn't easily extend to her room. Anyone have any recommendations? Ease of installation/use and price are pretty important.

john bunyan 22:04 02 Jun 2015

Many choices but these at Argos seem good. I use older version to link "Smart" TV to router. These are for linking one item

Argos

A Choice of powerline wi fi extenders is here; I guess you get what you pay for.

Argos Powerline Wi Fi

simonjary 22:57 02 Jun 2015

Hi, Ian.

We have tested a lot of Powerlines; read our Best Powerline roundup here.

For more on What is Powerline, read this link.

They are all easy to install. It really is plug and play. A 500Mbps set of adapters will be fine.

Ian in Northampton 10:19 03 Jun 2015

Thanks guys. Simon: the link to Best Powerline is broken, and a search on the web site for Powwerline indicates it's broken via that route too...

onthelimit1 12:56 03 Jun 2015

Ian. The link works ok for me on iPad.

Jollyjohn 12:57 03 Jun 2015

I can recommend the TP link powerline adapters. click here Note this has one base and two remotes. Worth considering as extra remotes for a basic kit £50.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:15 03 Jun 2015

Agree TPlink plugs work fine for me.

Ian in Northampton 14:47 03 Jun 2015

otl1: ah, the difference a few minutes makes - it works for me now.

Thanks Jj and FB. TPlink will get serious consideration.

Secret-Squirrel 17:10 03 Jun 2015

Ian, I've installed a few of the TP-Link homeplugs with wireless and can confirm that they're excellent performers and terrific value for money.

Simon, with respect, the article you linked to has reviews from one to one-and-a-half years ago and some of the models have been discontinued so it can hardly be called "The 15 best Powerline adapters 2015: Here are the best Powerline adapters you can buy in the UK right now"

Ian in Northampton 18:22 03 Jun 2015

Thanks S-S.

Ian in Northampton 16:38 02 Jul 2015

Team: just to finish off this thread - my daughter followed your TPLink recommendation, and is very happy - easy to install, works like a dream. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)