ProShow Gold by Photodex

Novice22 16:29 25 Jul 2006

Hi all

I'm currently trying out the above software (and also Ulead MovieStudio 10 Plus) When using ProShow Gold, I have tried to add soundtracks to my shows, and want to reduce/edit certain tracks. When I have tried to do this in the 'show soundtrack' tab, I get a message that the default sound editor has not been configured. I am then taken to a window for choosing a program to set as the default application for editing. Does this mean that I have to use another piece of software to edit the track ? If so, is this also the case in the full version of the software too (I expect it is), and what software might I use to do this ?

Thanks

GroupFC 16:39 25 Jul 2006

Yes - I think it does (from what I can remember when I trialed the programme).

I am not sure if Audacity includes an editor, but in the past I have used the editor which came with Nero.

HTH

Novice22 17:07 25 Jul 2006

Thanks Group FC

Incidentally what software do you actually use now for creating slideshows etc. ? I assume that you did not buy ProShow Gold in the end.

Thanks

GroupFC 18:18 25 Jul 2006

Interestingly, I have just recently d/loaded a trial of Ulead MovieStudio 10 Plus (26 days remaining) to see what that is like! I am in the process of getting to know the programme (and later in the week will probably commit something to disc!).

I have used Windows MovieMaker 2, in the past and had some reasonable results with that (I saved the fininshed "movie", as an .avi file, and then burning s/ware to create a DVD).

hssutton 10:28 27 Jul 2006

GroupFC, is quite correct, Proshow will not allow you to edit your soundtrack. You must do this in a sound editor. I use Roxio.

For what it's worth after trialing a number of programs I decided that Proshow was the best.

Have you had a look at Prowshow's "online sharing" click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?