Problem with Humax and DVD Player on TV

ponytail 10:38 08 Jul 2019
Answered

I have a Toshiba 19BV500B 19" tv and connected to it are a LG DVD player and a Humax PVR-9150 set top box.The TV plays fine on its own.If I try to play a DVD the colour goes all wrong and the people look like they have been out in the sun it is also quite dark.I get this as well if I try and watch a TV program using the Humax box or watch a program that has been recorded on it.I have just brought our 19"Logik up from the kitchen I forgot to say the Toshiba is in the bedroom.Everything works fine on the logic so not sure where the fault lies but as the Toshiba works fine on it's own the fault must be with the Humax or the DVD player but as they both work fine when connected to the Logik how can I tell.Hope someone can help otherwise will have to put the Toshiba in the Kitchen.If more info needed please ask.Thanks

wiganken2 14:53 08 Jul 2019

Perhaps try the Humax forum: - click here

ponytail 15:58 08 Jul 2019

I sent a question to the forum yesterday but still waiting a reply but thanks for that

grumpy old man 16:16 08 Jul 2019

I had similar problems to you , I have the same humax box and dvd.

As I was taking dvd cases out of cabinet to use was I catching cables as they were hung down at the back. I now use hdmi cables as they are shorter and give better picture quality.

I also noticed that if I power up the dvd before the tv they did not want to communicate with each other , either had your problem or the tv could not find the dvd.

with regards to humax colour problem I found the answer for you.

click here

wiganken2 17:36 08 Jul 2019

Assuming you are connecting via HDMI cables then try disabling HDMI-CEC feature in your TV settings. Sometimes this feature confuses external "boxes". This will mean switching HDMI inputs manually but a small price to pay if it works.

ponytail 11:16 09 Jul 2019

There are no HDMI sockets on this Humax model and none on the DVD Player but thanks for replying.

ponytail 11:21 09 Jul 2019

The DVD player is a LG Model number DR175 and the humax is a PVR-9150T and neither has a option to use a HDMI cable.

Menzie 12:58 09 Jul 2019

On the back of your DVD Player there should be a switch marked progressive and RGB.

Is it currently switched to RGB? Your TV may not like Progressive so try RGB.

wiganken2 14:00 09 Jul 2019

OK! Since the 19" Logik TV works OK then it may be a Toshiba TV issue. If you are not connected via HDMI then are you connecting via Scart cables? If so then it could be the Scart handling feature inside your Toshiba TV that is on the blink.

wiganken2 07:47 10 Jul 2019

Did you find out what the problem was/is?

ponytail 09:49 10 Jul 2019

I am still waiting for a reply from Humax but in the meantime I have put the Toshiba in the kitchen where it works fine and there is no other units connected to it.The Logik is now in the bedroom with the Humax and the DVD player and they are all working well so will wait to see if I get a reply from Humax and will post it on here.Thanks for the replies.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)