Printing Extract From Google Maps

recurve132 14:35 13 Nov 2016

Is it possible to print a screen shot of Google Maps (onto MS Word) and then to enlarge the image to fit the paper please? If so, how do you do this, as I can get a screen print onto Word but am not able to enlarge it so it's 'bigger' and easier to read. Or is there something better than Word to import to? thanks

Archonar 15:11 13 Nov 2016

When you paste the image into Word is there no option to enlarge the image by dragging the corners?

john bunyan 15:22 13 Nov 2016

You could use the Snipping Tool , save the file then open it in your photo software to adjust it.

lotvic 17:41 13 Nov 2016

Do as john bunyan says, save the file then open it in your photo software.

If you have Microsoft Picture Manager, in the Print options you can choose to 'fit to paper' and various other settings. There are similar in Paint and any Image software programs you have installed.

BRYNIT 11:07 14 Nov 2016

Use the Snipping tool to select the area you want. To the right of the save icon you will find the copy icon click on this and then paste into word. In word click on the image and dragging the corner to enlarge it.

Burn-it 15:58 14 Nov 2016

Use a picture viewer. Word is NOT a picture viewer. Use the tool designed for the job.

BRYNIT 18:42 14 Nov 2016

Burn-it

The question was "Is it possible to print a screen shot of Google Maps (onto MS Word) and then to enlarge the image to fit the paper please?" I have suggested an answer which does not require saving the image as a JPG and does not require any other program to view it.

hastelloy 19:32 14 Nov 2016

Once you have your image in Word, click on it. Then, under the Format tab use "Arrange" then "Text Wrapping" and select "Square". You can then enlarge the image using the circles on the corners, crop it (under "Size") and move it about on the page.

Burn-it 19:56 14 Nov 2016

Or is there something better than Word to import to? thanks

I stick by my original reply thank you very much.

john bunyan 12:56 15 Nov 2016

recurve132

Any feedback?

recurve132 21:11 16 Nov 2016

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. I'm only just back home as work away so will check out tomorrow. I mentioned 'import' to word solely as it's about the only MS application I can use well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch