Powerline Network Adaptor Kits different ring main

DevonSmudge 16:09 04 Feb 2019

I live in a terraced house and my Broadband hub is located in the kitchen at rear of building. Im trying to get a decent broadband system in our front sitting room and, having tried Wi-fi power extenders but don't seem to reach that room. Reading that Poweline adaptors would be beter I purchased a tp-link AV600 starter kit butI now realise that the kitchen is on a separate ring main than the up and dowstairs one ... and the instructions say must be on the same circuit. Other people have been telling me that advances have now been made in this area and that some systems allow all circuits so presumably must sense ell circuits right back be hehind ring main circuit breakers? Any advice please. I've seen good reviews of several kits but concerned about this aspct/ Any advice appreciated. Thanks DEvonSmudge

Kevin Alders 17:16 04 Feb 2019
  wee eddie 17:34 04 Feb 2019

I have been led to believe that Powerline Adaptors will work anywhere behind the Meter of any System. So, unless you Ring Mains are on separate supplies, you should be OK

Kevin Alders 18:36 04 Feb 2019
  wee eddie 19:38 04 Feb 2019

Question Nine refers to a 3 Phase System. These are very rare in UK Households

Question Fourteen refers to different Circuits. Now this may be true but may not necessarily hold for Ring Mains connected to the same input. I don't know, for sure but, previously on this Forum, it has been said that the signal will pass from Ring to Ring behind your Mains Input.

As I have not tried it, I cannot confirm, one way or the other.

DevonSmudge 23:19 04 Feb 2019

Thanks to thte two replies. Sorry but I'm totally new to forums. I am getting varying views on this so I might just have to "buy, try and hope", but I'll seek a few more chats with people in my town who might have similar houses. Appreciate your responses and cold follow them.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom Cintiq alternatives

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?