panasonic plasma tv

Garthyy 12:43 28 Jun 2007

I'm looking at the 37 inch plasma but dont know if my sky box and dvd player will work with it. I currently use scart leads to connect them but the panny plasma just says hdmi are these the same or will I need to update my accessories?

Stuartli 14:51 28 Jun 2007

You should/will be able to use your current Sky box and DVD player as normal using your present leads and/or cables.

HDMI indicates that the set is capable of reproducing high definition transmissions if the necessary HD set top box is connected.

Garthyy 15:15 28 Jun 2007

oh thats good then thank you very much

Stuartli 15:38 28 Jun 2007

The great majority of new LCD and plasma TVs have extensive in/out audio/video and even VGA (PC) socket features.

postie24 17:04 28 Jun 2007

I bought one of these sets 3 months ago,the picture is stunning,especially with a sky HD box.
The Panasonic comes with 3 scart sockets and 2 HDMI imputs.
The picture is also excellent when an upscaled dvd player is used.
I would definately recommend this plasma.

Stuartli 17:12 28 Jun 2007

Panasonic LCD and plasma sets, as postie24 states, are among the best you can buy.

A plasma also has a wider viewing angle which many people find more satisfactory.

Some useful guidance on both types:

click here

Stuartli 18:44 28 Jun 2007

A certain consumer magazine's views:

click here

anchor 14:58 10 Jul 2007

"Which" reviews are only available on-line to subscribers. A 30 day free trial is offered, then you pay!.

A visit to the public library to read the magazine is an alternative

Stuartli 19:32 10 Jul 2007

You're right - I've been getting the magazine for many years and been visiting the website virtually since it began operations.

Such minor details as free trials tend to slip the mind...:-(

Stuartli 23:45 15 Jul 2007

Further to above, the July issue of the magazine contains its manufacturers of the year for a wide range of products.

Panasonic tops the TV section and its three new models are rated as having the best picture the magazine's reviewers have ever seen.

I know it to be a fact as a pal has just added the new 50in Panasonic plasma to his present 42in model - high definition transmissions are quite superb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts