Optical Out Toshiba 42z3030db

Raters 11:45 01 Sep 2008

Hi,
I need help.
I've just purchased a Panasonic sa-pt860 surround sound system and connected to my Toshiba 42z3030db via optical cable. However all I get is sound through the surround sound system from the DTV even when viewing my Virgin V+ box or playing my Xbox. Both are connected via HDMI.
Anybody have any idea's?
Thanks in advance!

Raters 13:39 01 Sep 2008

Just the one,
I tried connecting via scart, but all i get is the analogue tv sound, not DTV, or the input i'm watching, no matter what input (V+ box or xbox) I'm watching.

Raters 17:48 01 Sep 2008

What i can't understand is why the TV doesn't transmit the audio down the optical from the channel i'm watching. i.e the HDMI input from the V+ box. But still continues to transmit the DTV sound?

BTW the surround sound does have HDMI input.

Sorry if I sound vague, but I’m new to this.

Dynamo750 12:17 02 Nov 2008

Hi there I have bought the 860 also and love it although ive a couple of issues im trying to sort out also

On your problem

I have sky plus and I connected the optical cable from my dvd box directly to the sky= BOX

then u need to press the fm/ext-in button to show D-IN on the dvd display when the tv and virgin box are in the on position

My problem is I would have thought the dvd box would have recognised that optical digital in is being fed into it and switch itself to D-IN

anybody know if this is possible?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?