Odd list of features on budget phones: Need advice

SpannerL 19:27 21 Apr 2018

My current phone is a Lenovo A7010a48, marketed as Vibe K4 Note. I got a friend to pick it up for me in India in early 2016 for around £130. I must say it's been a great phone to date, probably the most reliable I've had. Unfortunately, the screen is getting increasingly worse and I've been trying to find a replacement phone. I absolutely hate spending money on phones and I never by one in a contract. They should be commodity items these days.

However, here lies my problem:

Current phone, released Jan 2016 has 5.5" screen at 1080p, 3300mAh battery, 802.11ac, Android 6, NFC, 3G RAM, Dolby Atmos, rear fingerprint sensor, etc

Most of the phones I can find that are around this price now, more than 2 years later seem to be about the same if not worse!

So, any suggestions/recommendations for a modern budget phone that is better than my current and less than £200?

The Kestrel 11:25 22 Apr 2018

Have a look at the Moto G6 review on this website. It's £19 over your budget but you are getting really good specs for the money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

MacBook Pro 2019 release date, 16in MacBook Pro news and rumours

Xiaomi Mi 9 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs