New Medicines Data App For Download

morddwyd 10:32 08 Jan 2017
Answered

Lots of publicity last week about a new app which you can use to storae yous medicenes data, warnings etc. but no details on how to get hold of it.

Had a trawl on Google Play but didn't see anything like it. Anybody got a name or a download site?

Forum Editor 11:05 08 Jan 2017

There are lots of apps available that do this. Where did you see the publicity? I don't remember hearing of this new one.

morddwyd 19:21 08 Jan 2017

BBc news website and my local morning daily. I've been back and done a search but no sign of it any more.

It seemed to be a publicly driven project, NHS or University research sort of thing.

Forum Editor 19:31 08 Jan 2017

I assume this is for an Android device?

That being the case, this may be of interest.

morddwyd 08:03 09 Jan 2017

Thanks.

As you say there are lots of these, some of which I have looked at, but this new one has official backing and seemed to fit my bill. One feature it has is an integral pharmaceutical bar code scanner.

Forum Editor 08:37 09 Jan 2017

The NHS ran a beta trial of a complete list of approved apps a while ago, but the list has now been removed. It will most likely rise like a phoenix at some point, but the next review date isn't until October, so don't hold your breath.

There is bound to be an app that scans barcodes already in existence. It will probably be one of those that has been designed for the medical profession, and will be out there if you do some searching.

morddwyd 10:31 09 Jan 2017

Found the story link but no download link

"click here realise it was a local story.

Didn't

Forum Editor 11:59 09 Jan 2017
Answer

I have found out more.

The app is called Medsmart, and it is currently being tested by a closed group of patients. It isn't an official NHS app, but was developed by the company to help save money for the NHS.

It is likely to be released for (free) download later this year.

morddwyd 18:26 09 Jan 2017

Thanks for the answer, FE, and the trouble you took in getting it.

I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick, though I'n not at all sure those circumstances were made entirely clear in the original reports!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61