Hot Topics

Multicoloured dots completely filling screen

Esther Allberry 14:54 19 Jun 2020

Yesterday I was using my laptop (HP) when the screen disappeard and this multicoloured page appeared in it's place. It's not lines or barcodes, it seems more like dots. It came and went and I was able to move my mouse and where I was trying to enter my password it was still typing in the background (I could see that when the screen came back). So the screen had not frozen. I restarted the laptop and it seemed to have settled down. The same issue cam back today, I'm worried this may just get worse now or is about to go completely.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated

Here is a video I shared of the issue:

wee eddie 16:08 19 Jun 2020

Could you tell us which HP laptop you have, and the Security software you run on a regular basis?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)