Moto g not charging, will not charge from wall

Tech-Noob=Plz help 20:58 16 Dec 2015

I recently dropped my phone and had to get the Screen re-glued since then I have struggled with charging. I have used a samsung,the original cable and a sony one all to no aveil. my phone charges slowly on a computer. Whilst charging i cannot use the phone. As i am going away soon and wont have access to a PC to charge i would like any help with this problem. Moto G 1st Gen

alanrwood 13:00 18 Dec 2015

Why did you use a Samsung charger.

Tech-Noob=Plz help 13:06 18 Dec 2015

The moto g does not come with a plug but refuses to charge with any wire or plug i own. The original wire would not charge and became red hot after being plugged in so I had to bin it

Tech-Noob=Plz help 13:08 18 Dec 2015

The moto g does not come with a plug but refuses to charge with any wire or plug i own. The original wire would not charge and became red hot after being plugged in so I had to bin it

alanrwood 15:22 18 Dec 2015

I suggest you invest in a charger that is known to be compatible with the Moto G. They cost less than a fiver on eBay.

I an also a little concerned that you say the original cable got red hot. Maybe you have damaged something in the phone.

QuizMan 23:20 20 Dec 2015

This worked OK for me when I had a Moto G: Click here

Also doubles as a AA/AAA battery charger

wee eddie 15:10 21 Dec 2015

Time to bite the bullet and get a new phone. When that Connector got hot you must have realised that a broken screen was the least of your worries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?