Moto g not charging, will not charge from wall

Tech-Noob=Plz help 20:58 16 Dec 2015

I recently dropped my phone and had to get the Screen re-glued since then I have struggled with charging. I have used a samsung,the original cable and a sony one all to no aveil. my phone charges slowly on a computer. Whilst charging i cannot use the phone. As i am going away soon and wont have access to a PC to charge i would like any help with this problem. Moto G 1st Gen

alanrwood 13:00 18 Dec 2015

Why did you use a Samsung charger.

Tech-Noob=Plz help 13:06 18 Dec 2015

The moto g does not come with a plug but refuses to charge with any wire or plug i own. The original wire would not charge and became red hot after being plugged in so I had to bin it

Tech-Noob=Plz help 13:08 18 Dec 2015

The moto g does not come with a plug but refuses to charge with any wire or plug i own. The original wire would not charge and became red hot after being plugged in so I had to bin it

alanrwood 15:22 18 Dec 2015

I suggest you invest in a charger that is known to be compatible with the Moto G. They cost less than a fiver on eBay.

I an also a little concerned that you say the original cable got red hot. Maybe you have damaged something in the phone.

QuizMan 23:20 20 Dec 2015

This worked OK for me when I had a Moto G: Click here

Also doubles as a AA/AAA battery charger

wee eddie 15:10 21 Dec 2015

Time to bite the bullet and get a new phone. When that Connector got hot you must have realised that a broken screen was the least of your worries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL