Monitor Advice Required Laptop/Xbox One

007juk74 10:27 23 Nov 2018

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a monitor so that my daughter can hook up her xbox one to it.

She also has a laptop and I would like her to utilise the monitor too.

I'm also looking to get her a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Can she do this in a dual function way?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Malik 13:06 12 Dec 2018

Hi As for my set, I'd like to mention Dell monitors, they produce a high-quality image and have an ultra-thin bezel. In addition, various keyboards and mouses are available for buying on the Internet. The type of devices depends on your personal preferences. I usually try watching reviews on some specific device and then decide on buying.

DyraSan 06:08 13 Dec 2018

YEAH, good decision. but make sure she has enough items to connect it. Here's some tips what I like to share:

If your laptop has an hdmi input well and good. Otherwise you can buy a usb to hdmi adapter. Wired connections are best. You can also use the stream feature in the xbox one app in windows 10 to stream your games on to your laptop but that requires two things.

A good and a fast internet connection. Both the laptop and xbox have to be connected to that same network, otherwise it wont work. You can create a hotspot on your laptop and connect your xbox to that network. It will get the job done. But I would rather prefer the wired option than this wireless option.

DyraSan 12:19 14 Dec 2018

Do my Tips useful to you or not?

wee eddie 12:35 14 Dec 2018

Dyrasan's second Post is Spam - FE told

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch