lost channels on freeview tuning

Truechannel 14:09 11 Jul 2019

re tuned my mums tv and lost her True Entertainment freeview channel, was showing on 790 once but lost it completely now, is it worth investing in one of those freeview top boxes to boost the channels received or wait a few days and try tuning again?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 11 Jul 2019

Wait a few days and try re tuning atmospherics can affect the signals or the mast may be on low power for maintenance.

Belatucadrus 17:37 11 Jul 2019

You're not the only one to lose it, apparently it should now be Freeview 48 but I've got nothing there despite retuning.

The TrueTV website says :

From Thursday 27th June True Entertainment and True Movies have moved Freeview channel numbers and will only broadcast on Freeview in selected areas.

I doubt that a set top box will achieve anything as from the look of things the signal isn't there. I'd wait a few days and try again see if it resolves itself.

Pine Man 18:49 11 Jul 2019

On the south coast it should be channel 48 but does not exist when selected.

roger.roger 19:19 11 Jul 2019

True Entertainment running fine here on channel 48. Then checked true movies. That also running well on channel 50.

oresome 19:34 11 Jul 2019

Once you've ascertained that the programme is still broadcast in your area, it may be worth checking that any HDMI cables going to recorders etc are not bunched with the aerial cable.

In my set up HDMI cables can kill certain channels if not carefully routed and this programme may have changed to a channel so affected.

Once the cables are separated you would need to retune again to see if the missing programme is restored.

Belatucadrus 19:48 11 Jul 2019

Just looked on another TV on the other side of the house, this one is on a separate aerial aimed at a different transmitter. This one is showing 48 fine.

Forum Editor 22:17 11 Jul 2019

Moved to Digital Home and Smartphone Help from Speakers Corner.

Jim Bowen 22:40 11 Jul 2019

Once you've ascertained that the programme is still broadcast in your area, it may be worth checking that any HDMI cables going to recorders etc are not bunched with the aerial cable. In my set up HDMI cables can kill certain channels if not carefully routed and this programme may have changed to a channel so affected. Once the cables are separated you would need to retune again to see if the missing programme is restored.

I smell something here. Bull*t

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

IBC 2019: new video tools from Adobe, Blackmagic, Lenovo and more

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Les meilleurs appareils connectés compatibles avec Google Home (2019)