Hot Topics

Looking for a dedicated forum on free sim cards.

1936 17:05 18 Jun 2020

Is there a dedicated forum to help one looking for a free sim card?

alanrwood 09:25 19 Jun 2020

What do you mean by "free sim"? In UK the sim itself is usually free from the network supplier.

If you mean that the calls etc should be free then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

There were a couple of them available a few years ago which relied on advertising revenue but they folded as it proved not to be viable.

1936 10:03 19 Jun 2020

No, I didn't mean that cals should be free, I meant precisly what I said. "Is there a dedicated forum to help one looking for a free sim card?"

The Kestrel 10:55 19 Jun 2020

I can't see why there would be a need for a forum dedicated solely to mobile phone sim cards. You can find all the information you need about PAYG, contract with phone and sim only deals via comparison sites such as money supermarket.

1936 11:10 19 Jun 2020

I loked at Money supermarket and it had a superb collection of Sim only deals but I was specifically looking for a forum to see what users thought of particular deals.

alanrwood 13:13 19 Jun 2020

Only you can assess what is right for you in terms of usage etc

1936 16:08 19 Jun 2020

Yes, but only after seeing what a forum could come up with. There has to be one somwhere, there is for every other item of intrest.

wee eddie 16:26 19 Jun 2020

1936: There have been Forums for the discussion Mobile Phones, deals that are available and matters related.

However, I don't know of one that is specifically about SIM Cards.

Most of these Forums are quite short lived as they tend to fill up with Spammers and argumentative folk who are generally unpleasant.

1936 16:42 19 Jun 2020

I did fancy the O2 package for £5 but it Data factor started at £10 and I would never reach that so I'll keep looking. It would be nice if someone came up with a sugestion covering unrestricted text's unrestricted uk phone calls and a couple of GB of data.

wee eddie 17:04 19 Jun 2020

Look at GifGaf

alanrwood 18:16 19 Jun 2020

Look on the comparison sites.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)