Laptop Recommendations - With user friendly mouse!

Amybug84 21:05 29 Sep 2017

Not sure if I am okay to post this but I'm after laptop recommendations.....

I have a very top end of £600 to spend.

Only really needs to be powerful enough for internet surfing, video streaming and a bit of word processing.... BUT.... and it seems to be a big but it must have proper mouse buttons (or at least a responsive easy to use mouse pad). My last three laptops have all had track pads and I just can't get on with them! I find the pads themselves too sensitive and the mouse clicks near impossible!

As I said I've tried three laptops all of which I've hated, hardly used and ended up selling (at a loss) so I really want to take care to buy a machine I will actually like this time rather than wasting more money!

Thanks in advance for your help.

AroundAgain 21:41 29 Sep 2017

Yes, I appreciate what you say re Touchpads. I hate them too!

So, solution - get a travel or bluetooth mouse :) I use both types, depending on what device I'm using. I've tended to use MS wireless mouse's and have a MS and Dell Bluetooth mouse. All are excellent although not the cheapest available.

Check out websites to see what's available - you'll find there's a huge variety.

You'll also want to check what keyboard shortcut to use to disable your Touchpad, otherwise just brushing your arm/sleeve over it will send your cursor all over the place.

Please post back with outcome ;)

wee eddie 00:05 30 Sep 2017

I'm with AA. You can get an adequate Wireless Mouse in PC World for little more than a tenner

nickx89 16:36 05 Oct 2017

You can buy a bluetooth mouse for use why do you need the whole new laptop?

Jollyjohn 13:38 06 Oct 2017

Go to PC World and have a play on the laptops on display. When you spot one you like, make a note of manufacturer and model. Go home and look it up and see what else that manufacturer offers, and where you might be able to purchase it cheaper.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?