JVC bluetooth headphones connection with Android 8

schmoukiz 20:55 13 Mar 2018

Hello, I have a pair of JVC model HA S30BT. They work fine, but have trouble connecting them to Android devices after updating the operating system. Two phones can't see them anymore. One uses a custom made version of Miui 9 (so I won't bother with that). But the other one is a Xiaomi Mi A1, using the official Android 8.0.0. Again, it is a problem that has to do with the operating system (many Android devices report Bluetooth problems in the last update), I can still connect them to a laptop.

The question is is there a setting I can change in the phone? (I doubt that I can update the firmware of the headphones to a newer Bluetooth version.)

In Settings / System, what I could find so far: - Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log

Bluetooth Avrcp version (1.4 default, 1.5 or 1.6) - Bluetooth audio codec (System default, SBC, AAC, aptx, LDAC, optional codecs) - Bluetooth audio codec sample rate (system default, 44.1, 48, 88, 96 Hz) - Bits per sample (system default, 16, 24, 32 bits/sample) - Bluetooth audio channel mode (system default, mono, stereo) - Bluetooth audio LDAC codec (best effort (adaptive rate) optimized for audio (990 kbs), balanced for audio and connection (660 kbs) optimized for connection 330 kbps)

When I turn bluetooth on, it picks up many devices around, except this one, but almost all are given with a string of numbers and letters, not by their name and type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

Ken Sausage's illustrations for Powerade mash-up Where's Wally with Morph

Apple Maps vs Google Maps

Amazon Prime : prix, avantages et offres gratuites