JVC bluetooth headphones connection with Android 8

schmoukiz 20:55 13 Mar 2018

Hello, I have a pair of JVC model HA S30BT. They work fine, but have trouble connecting them to Android devices after updating the operating system. Two phones can't see them anymore. One uses a custom made version of Miui 9 (so I won't bother with that). But the other one is a Xiaomi Mi A1, using the official Android 8.0.0. Again, it is a problem that has to do with the operating system (many Android devices report Bluetooth problems in the last update), I can still connect them to a laptop.

The question is is there a setting I can change in the phone? (I doubt that I can update the firmware of the headphones to a newer Bluetooth version.)

In Settings / System, what I could find so far: - Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log

Bluetooth Avrcp version (1.4 default, 1.5 or 1.6) - Bluetooth audio codec (System default, SBC, AAC, aptx, LDAC, optional codecs) - Bluetooth audio codec sample rate (system default, 44.1, 48, 88, 96 Hz) - Bits per sample (system default, 16, 24, 32 bits/sample) - Bluetooth audio channel mode (system default, mono, stereo) - Bluetooth audio LDAC codec (best effort (adaptive rate) optimized for audio (990 kbs), balanced for audio and connection (660 kbs) optimized for connection 330 kbps)

When I turn bluetooth on, it picks up many devices around, except this one, but almost all are given with a string of numbers and letters, not by their name and type.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?