I need help with an urgent question

bakedpotato 23:24 03 Apr 2019
Answered

Hello there. i‘m from germany, currently visiting the US (sorry for my sometimes bad english) and I have a problem.

My Samsung S7 and my german SIM card worked perfectley here. Now my phone died and I need a new phone. I need it because I recieve TAN codes from my bank via text. I know that I need an unlocked phone but is there anything else that is important when it comes to using my german SIM in the states? The phone doesn‘t need to work in germany, it just needs to work here. Sorry for the question but I have no idea about it.

Kai

Menzie 23:41 03 Apr 2019
Answer

The phone you get needs to be unlocked and also needs to support your network's frequency as well as the frequency of the network it uses for roaming when abroad.

To find out your network's frequency do a Google search of your network. For instance if your network is Vodafone search for "Vodaphone Frequency" and get a phone that has those specs.

Forum Editor 11:51 04 Apr 2019

That's the 21st century for you - A person from Germany visiting America asks for help in a British web forum and gets a response from someone in Canada.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)