Huawei P20 Lite has died of moisture damage....?

bridgmanp 00:54 23 Aug 2019

Hello, A couple of weeks ago,about 16 months into my 24-month contract with iD, the P20 Lite which had been working fine suddenly packed up, and when sent to Carphone Warehouse's phone hospital was returned as unrepairable due to "moisture damage", as shown by its red LCIs. I was surprised, as I'm careful to keep it out of the rain etc and hadn't been in any excessively humid environments. Previous phones, a Sony Xperia and an LG G3, had survived trips to the tropics. Can the phone be fixed, despite the opinion of CW's expert fixers? Has anyone else had a similar experience? According to iD, all I can do is wait out the contract using a new phone (currently using my mum's underused Moto) or buy out of it now, for the same price - any thoughts or advice? Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

InDesign at 20: how Adobe beat Quark to become the graphic design tool of choice

iPhone 11 Pro confirmed: Release date, price & specs

Les meilleures montres connectées (2019)