How to unlock a Apple iphone 4s 8gb

ponytail 16:55 18 Oct 2018

My wife has changed her phone and wants to sell her Apple phone to a friends son but it is locked.Can someone tell me the procedure to unlock it.I dont know much about Apple phones but know it uses icloud.I have been told to sign into icloud then go to settings and do a factory reset then sign out of icloud again and that should clear it.Is that anything like I need to do.

ponytail 10:30 20 Oct 2018

Have now found delete account but do not want to click on it untill I am am sure that is the correct thing to do.Thanks for the replies by the way.

wee eddie 11:15 20 Oct 2018

Surely she will be using the same iCloud Account with her new phone. That is not what you need to remove.

I think, but am not sure

ponytail 11:20 20 Oct 2018

She does not have icloud on her new phone as it is a Samsung

Lisa Coffey 12:24 20 Oct 2018

If your Apple iPhone is locked, resulting in the fact that you can’t update apps or make new purchases on the App Store or the iCloud Store, then you’ll have to Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store.

john bunyan 18:11 20 Oct 2018

Did you follow the procedure in my link of 18 Oct 17.38?

You do not need to delete the I cloud account in case you need it for a future iPhone or iPad - simply sign out of i cloud on the 4s, and stop "Find my iPhone". Follow the steps in the link. Cannot understand why you wanted to get the back off! SIM comes out when you put a paper clip diameter pin in the hole near it

henrryS 02:14 25 Feb 2019

This is the easiest way to remove an iCloud account on your iPhone.

Govan1x 12:26 27 Feb 2019

HenrryS. that post was from October, Methinks he should have fixed it by now. Good first post

david wilson finn 16:41 27 Mar 2019

Hi, Hope this help for you. First open your mobile and then choose your language. Then after it shows you only emergency dialings.dial your mobile id number in the emergency call.After that press dial button and switch button togeather. then after that you will see slide to power off. But you have to cancel it. Then, it shows to create new account. Hope this works for you i tried this when my mobile locked. so, im sharing this useful information to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Razer Blade Pro 17 review

Enter graphic design heaven with these vintage Japanese posters

What is Apple Card and Daily Cash?

Les meilleures applications pour Android (2019)