How to turn off triple tapping!?

DaVinci56 11:59 09 May 2015

Hard to describe - had mobile in my pocket, driving the car. Suddenly a vibration, I touched a button or something, and it was a tutorial that had begun speaking, saying something like "Touch any app to hear what it is for...". I seemed to be trapped in this, couldn't exit it - a display appeared periodically saying 'Keypad disabled while tutorial in progress'. Even so, I turned it off and on a couple of times. Tutorial has now gone. But it seems to need some sort of triple-tapping to turn on an app, or enter email. Vibration is on, which I have never used, and I can't find the turn-off for that. It (triple-tap) looks to me to be some sort of disabled accessibility feature, which, as I don't need it, I want to turn off, but which, alas, I can't :-(! Left-to-right movement seems to require 3 fingers. Also a great nuisance. A yellow line seems to appear around things I might select from a menu of options. I can't find anything in Settings to shake off this odd set-up. Sony helpdesk is shut weekends. Any help gratefully received. Thanks, Vince

AroundAgain 12:07 09 May 2015

Would you give details re make/model of phone so the guys who might be able to help will know what phone you have?

Other than that, don't think I can help but someone will be along shortly, I'm sure

Cheers

DaVinci56 12:13 09 May 2015

Shall now reply to my own topic. Accessibilty, Talk Back, managed to switch it off. But it is so difficult with a double- or triple-tap required for every step. The vibration has also gone away. I need a rest!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?